View Single Post

Old 10-01-2018, 07:29 AM

Liked 11,746 Times in 5,354 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsky59 View Post
About a year ago I found a great model 59 at a local pawn shop. Ever since I was a kid in the 70's I wanted the pistol Detective Starsky had on the TV show. Well this pawn shop had one and it was really nice and at $320 with box only and a two CT compliant 10 round mags. I didnt even haggle. " YUP. I'LL TAKE IT " I bought several of my guns because of movies or TV. Anyhow. I would have paid more. I still see model 59s at my LGS for up to $800. Thats crazy. I bet I'd pay $450 to $500. I just like that gun.
Strange how that tv show was so influential. In me it spawned a love for the Ford Gran Torino (mine was a '72 Gran Torino Sport), shoulder holsters (we won't talk about my collection), the Colt Python (I have a 6 inch and an 8 inch, both blued), and the S&W Model 59. I still do not have a Model 59, but way back when I had my Torino, I did have a 39-2. Back then, the Model 59 was harder to find and carried a higher price tag than the 39 and 39-2. I still wander around shops and show, looking for a decent condition 59 or 459, but they still seem to be scarce in these parts.