View Single Post

Old 10-02-2018, 06:33 PM

Liked 556 Times in 139 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo44 View Post
Yes! And keep the DA hammer fly with original trigger, although not need to change in this swap.
THANKS.......jimmy, Hondo and others............appreciate your help.

THE REPORT: Just came off my gun bench.

Did the swap. The 15-5 in 6 inch is so tight (like been fired only 20 times) that I had to jimmy things out of and into place.
Then it seemed to be a little rough in cocking.

And in spite of my grinding a special screwdriver blade to remove and re-install the mainspring, one went into orbit 3 times in the process, but was lucky and found it all 3 times.

THEN............I eyeballed the triggers and hammers more closely: The TT and TH installed in the 99.8% 6" 15-5 looked "old." The case colors were gone. I looked at the older 15-3 in 4" and there were those pretty "fresh" case colored hammer and trigger.

Don't laugh, but I swapped them all back and kept things as they were.........and think I am happier that way. Wait a minute, PLEASE LAUGH !!

In reality, I have plenty of Smiths in all models and calibers to shoot. The 6-inch 15-5 is still so New that I wiped it off and returned it to safe storage as an investment ........will probably never fire it again.

As for the 15-3, it is a nickel beater that has seen a lot of use.

I gotta laugh at myself...........sort of wasted a whole afternoon

If anything, the experience of going inside of K frame guts for only my 2nd and 3rd times and then going back into them for my 4th and 5th times was good experience.

Y'all take care, Bo

Last edited by BoCash; 10-02-2018 at 06:42 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: