View Single Post

Old 10-03-2018, 12:06 PM

Liked 1,054 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
Taurus bashing gets old. They do make some really good firearms. I know they have made some real junk at times but stop by and I'll show you just how well my PT-145 works. It's never jammed even once through thousands of rounds and it will shoot as accurate as "any" pistol at 20 yards. I demonstrated that to a friend by shooting empty .45 casings at 20 yards. I shot twice and hit both the ones he had set up for me. Accurate and dependable and inexpensive - yeah that's junk. I would never have bought the thing but LGS owner gave me a 30 day trial period. It fit my hand like a glove and I knew the first day I was going to love that pistol and I still do. I keep it next to where I sleep. I trust it as much as any pistol I own including some stuff everyone here would think was a good pistol - like a Sig P220.
Yea the bashing, assumptions, and snobbery does get old. When a Taurus firearm fails, people act like it's a common issue and it's proof that Taurus sucks. When a Glock, S&W, Ruger, etc fails, it's "no big deal, you just got a bad one...." I've owned a few Taurus firearms, and I currently EDC a Taurus M85 regularly. They've been just as good and as reliable as my more expensive firearms. I had more failures with my Glocks, XD Mod 2, and Ruger LCR, and never had even one issue with my Tauruses. Taurus might not spend as much money on, customer service and appearances aka fit and finish; however, they do work despite what the haters claim...

They aren't the Tauruses of the past. I'm not very active here on this forum, but I've been a lurker as well as a long time member of several other firearm related forums, and I'm not seeing many if any bad reviews and complaints like I used to see back in the day. Seems like they did a 180 arond the same time they lost the lawsuit, and the PT111 G2 came about. What I do still see is a double standard and bias when it comes to issues with Taurus pistols vs others...

Furthermore, we do not know the history or backstory of the revolver in question or what happened.

Last edited by Well Armed; 10-03-2018 at 12:11 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: