View Single Post

Old 10-03-2018, 05:25 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,114 Times in 501 Posts
Question Lefty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_the_welder View Post
I purchased a hogue extended cylinder release from Amazon. The short one. It was $76.
The short one looks shorter than the ones the PC guns use. So I think if you wanted an 'almost' direct replacement, the longer one, which I'm going to order in a bit, will probably 'almost' be similar.
I'll keep the short one on the Pro gun for a while. At least it does feel better than the original cylinder release.
...[snip]...
THANK YOU Lou_the_welder!

I just love the comparison image between PC and Hogue... very helpful.

FWIW, I'm a Lefty strong side (shooter) LEFT, Cylinder release LEFT thumb, open cylinder and hold open gun in RIGHT hand, access Speed loaders in LEFT, dump LEFT hand bump on extractor and load with LEFT with speed loader.

I am tired of straining with my LEFT thumb to get adequate cylinder release on my new-to-me 686. My original 686 is smooth as silk, my new-to-me 686 not-as-much. Just got it back from S&W for THAT fix (and it is better, though NOT nearly as smooth as my OEM 686 I bought new back in 1986 and still have).

I want and wanted this other 686 no- dash as a shooter platform for reloading. Have NOT even fired this one since I am still dealing with Seller & GB about having to send the S&W 686 to the Mother Ship for repairs.

QUESTION:
I have already determined that I want a short(er) extended cylinder release for this lefty's gun, but just a bit torn between Hogue and TK. I'm NOT into speed loading, though I am tired of fighting with my lefty reloading technique per say. FWIW, if I have to, I will grind-to-fit if needed. Best recommendations anyone?
The Following User Likes This Post: