View Single Post

Old 10-04-2018, 08:05 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 15,563 Times in 3,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan View Post
Very nice SAF...I take it since you like the factory Combats you are not going to have the frame round butted....

I picked up a 520 barrel with the thoughts of doing basically the same thing... Shorten the tapered barrel to the end of the uderlug and then round butt the frame....the whole gun would then be hard chrome plated.

Only problem may be the base gun...a 1964 58 that has already been parkerized. I would need to check with Ford's to see if they can get that off without polishing out all the lettering or can they just HC over it...

SB...nice find on that 58.....

Bob
Bob,

Since I am essentially 'cloning' Doc44's 29-58, it will be round butt. I do love the combat stocks and they are going straight over to a 4" 657 that I recently stumbled across. If I really want the combat stocks on this new edition, I have some N frame round butt combat stocks in the stash

You guys getting some cooler weather up that way? It was 96 here at 5pm. I just couldn't drag myself back out into the heat for even a short range session. I can't wait for the first real 'cool snap' that usually comes around Halloween.

I will pass along any progress photos that I get from Ford's, and some glamour shots when she is done.