View Single Post

Old 10-04-2018, 11:47 PM

Liked 7,749 Times in 2,127 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoboGunLeather View Post
Very impressive design, obviously the result of much thought and insight into the intended result.

Easy to see how this method of belt attachment will maximize stability on the belt and keep the "package" pulled snugly into a consistent position against the body under all conditions. Ride height appears perfect for weight distribution and accessibility (ease of draw). Exactly what is needed for a defensive carry holster.

Again, a very impressive design. Also beautifully executed.
Thanks for the professional view :-). As a pro, you will appreciate, also, come construction details that one would readily miss even when handling the product itself.

Starting, and stopping, stitching on a lined holster is awkward. So I don't. The complete holster panels, front and back, are stitched all 'round, then sewn together; and the 'welt' is simply stitched through the same holes. One can see it here:

20181004_063020 - Copy.jpg

And my particular obsession, is to do it all at once, in a single line; so the green circle shows the intersection where the perimeter stitch has been 'switched' like train tracks into the interior of the holster panel, then back out to the perimeter.

Not really possible on the old needle-and-awl harness machines, but I worked this out when the Bull was new circa 1990 and, tho I couldn't do it for my holster company customers back then because they didn't have such machines, I can do it for my customers. The standard 'S' point needle in the Ferdinands make this 100% successful; that is, doesn't cut the knots inside the holes.

What's life without whimsy?