Thread: Holster for ATV
View Single Post

Old 10-05-2018, 04:11 PM

Liked 424 Times in 129 Posts
Default To the OP,

in my experience riding an ATV is usually dusty, muddy or some combination of the two.
I'm not sure I'd carry a nice nickel finish revolver out scooter riding, I don't own anything in nickle, so no experience w/ that.
I'd been looking at the Diamond D custom Leather chest holster. The price was holding me back, and I wasn't sure I'd like a chest holster as I almost always wear a windbreaker or jacket. I didn't know if the gun would be accessible etc.
In the mean time I was gifted a Kenai Chest Holster to fit my L frame Smiths. It's a kydex holster w/ nylon staps. I've never used anything but leather for holsters and wasn't sure I was going to like it at all. Well I like it a lot. The straps are wide enough to be comfortable and w/ plenty of adjustment to get the gun to ride where you want it to be. I use it with a 686 w/ a 3 in BBL and a 681 w/ a 4 in BBL. The holster was made for the 3 inch, but the 4 inch doesn't stick out far enough to be a bother.
The gun is very secure, it fits in w/ a definite "snap".
This is just my experience and I'm not affiliated w/ either company mentioned above.
YMMV

Last edited by scooterfiend; 10-05-2018 at 05:21 PM.