View Single Post

Old 10-06-2018, 05:21 PM

Liked 199 Times in 27 Posts
Default New 2.0 4" , Ugh. Horrible trigger

So, went to pick up my new 2.0 4" and when I went to look it over, I of course dry fired it and was like what the heck, trigger was terrible. The resistance, gritty feel at about half-pull was so bad I almost refused it. Ive dry fired many M&P's over the last few years and some are ok, some not but this one was not right at all. But knowing (hopefully) it was probably the usual firing pin block/plunger/plunger channel ( not exact on the terminology ) which has plagued these guns for years I took a chance and accepted the gun and took it home and immediately tore into the slide.

Detail stripping a brand new gun, putting it into a vise and having to use a hammer, punch and sandpaper is not fun but after an hour I was finished. After removing the sight, firing pin etc I began by wrapping a small wooden dowel in 280 grit sandpaper and just started to essentially sand/polish over and over the plunger channel in the slide. Finished with 600 grit. If you look close in the image, there is the smallest, slightest "ridge" or horizontal machine mark that I believe was the culprit and when I was satisfied I had pretty much removed it I cleaned, lubed and reassembled the gun and viola!! a 95% improvement in the trigger. Some very negligible grit but a nice pull to the wall then a crisp break. Whew!

Here is my new addition, going to the range on Monday to try some really hot stuff in the .40 and break in the 2.0 9mm.

If you look close, its barely visible but the small machine mark is visible in the channel, almost looks like a hairline crack. This was about after a half hour of sanding & polishing

Pretty much done and time to clean all the grit out of the slide

I know this is nothing new but just wanted to share what I did. Thanks!!