View Single Post

Old 10-07-2018, 03:15 PM

Liked 14,859 Times in 5,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
Old guys tend to like to collect old things, or from a certain time period that they deem to be superior usually because it is associated with their youth or a particularly happy time in their life.
Seriously good point ^^

I can tell you that in Smith & Wesson revolvers, the ones made from 1985 to 1995 are the ones that I am most attracted to. I'm not dumb enough to even suggest that S&W revolvers from '85 to '95 are the best they made because that isn't the truth, but these are guns from my formative years and dang near any S&W revolver from that era specifically is one I am drawn to. (Unless it's a J-frame, then YUCK, haha...) To me, those revolvers look right, they SOUND right when you work the action, they have a familiarity that some others don't replicate and even that one-piece cardboard box is, in my pea brain, the RIGHT box.

Those particular guns take me back to a day when I had enough money to buy a gun magazine from the drug store and stare at all of those and actually buy none of those. (well, not totally true, I did manage to sock away $315 from paper route money and my first "Real" job to fund my 6-inch 686-3.)
The Following 4 Users Like Post: