View Single Post

Old 10-07-2018, 09:05 PM

Liked 2,731 Times in 868 Posts
Default New to me Sig P220 10mm Hunter

I love my big bore Smiths and came across a deal I could not pass up on the nice big and beefy 220 Elite 10mm Camo. It had been sitting at my LGS for some time and I assume the camo is not popular. The gun is very hefty, feel like holding a brick but fits my large hands really great. I love the ergonomics and the overall fit/feel. It has a long reach for the trigger finder and is real grippy too due to the G10s. Front heavy due to beefy 5'' slide but points great. Slide frame fit is very tight and the gun is quite hard to rack due to the strong recoils spring. It's easy to slip off the camo coating and get hurt by the sharp rear sight which rides quite high. The sights are otherwise super, easily and fully adjustable, long bright fiber front, narrow rear gap. Perfect for target and long range work as is the single action only setup. About the Camo...it's kind of different I guess but let's see how it holds up (anyone has any experience with it?).

Took her out yesterday and it's a shooter. I had some HS-6 on hand and with the Nosler recipe 7.9gr 200gr Hornady XTP CCI 350 primer is already laser accurate at 25 yards. Never owned a 10mm but I really like it. It does pack a punch while being spot on and remind me of my 41 magnums the way it shoots. Detailed range report coming...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XUomc6kqRweR6%ewN7kMJA.jpg (104.0 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_218.jpg (78.2 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by oysterer; 10-07-2018 at 09:22 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: