View Single Post

Old 10-08-2018, 04:07 PM

Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
Lucky funner site seems to suggest that the 130 grain train & defend would be a decent choice. 800 fps and 13” penetration with .59” expansion from 2” barrel. Compared to others, larger expansion even with +p rounds may get equal if not less penetration. Wad cutters got more penetration but as expected, zero expansion.

Not sure how these bullets would compare if they hit a bone, such as a rib. Which is reasonable possibility when shooting center of mass. In that case the wadcutter may steamroll through while the expanding hollow point may splatter. In which case maybe a win 148 super X-match wad cutter would be a reasonable better choice given more penetration assurance.
You are one of many that like the Win Super X Match wadcutters at least for practice. My question is this: Being non-jacketed lead, will this round lead up a 3-inch bbl.?
I hate cleaning lead out of my Model 37 or any old blue revolver. Perhaps after only 5 or ten shots with this low velocity round one would not expect much leading. But, I don't know what to expect after practice with 50 or so rounds because I don't know whether Win uses a soft or hard lead for wadcutters. I e-mailed them but got no direct answer.