View Single Post

Old 10-09-2018, 11:15 AM

Liked 640 Times in 368 Posts

I know many will disagree but Taurus makes some very unappreciated pistols. They aren't all junk. Some are very, very good. I have one of those. It's a PT-145. I can cover it with the palm of my hand, it's 1.25" thick yet manages a double stack of .45's (11+1), it fits my hand like a glove, it's never jammed even once through thousands of rounds, and it is as accurate as any handgun I own out to 25 yards and I have a bunch of handguns. It loses accuracy after 25 yards when handguns like my 629 and my Sig P220 are still right on target but they both have much longer barrels. The Taurus is a concealed carry gun.

I know Taurus has made lots of junk. I was very hesitant to buy one myself. But a LGS owner gave me a 30 day trial period where I could bring it back no questions asked. He knew I wouldn't bring it back. I still went home and did a bunch of research on the pistol before deciding to give it a try. Every review was positive. Every one so I went back and brought it home with me. I knew the first day I would have that pistol forever.

Yes I know about the problems with the line of pistols firing with the safety engaged when the gun is dropped. I dropped mine a couple of times before I knew that and it didn't fire. IWB holsters can be tricky when you sit down. Every time it dropped it hit concrete too. They wanted to buy it back or trade it for a different model but I have a G2 also. It is not nearly as accurate as the PT-145. It's a fine weapon though and I carry it sometimes. But I keep the PT next to where I sleep.

I still can't imagine how they got that many rounds in such a small gun but they did. It shoots great, it recoils better than "any" pistol I've ever shot, accurate, reliable, concealable - what more could a person ask for?

Plus I only paid $325 for it and I got an extra mag. I had double that amount in my pocket because I was looking for a Glock. I could not find one that fit my hand at all. That's when the LGS owner suggested I look at the Taurus. And I am very glad he did.

Last edited by C J; 10-09-2018 at 11:17 AM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: