View Single Post

Old 10-09-2018, 11:59 AM

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

gwoker,

Please post the results once you get your pistol back from S&W. I'm in much the same boat.

I just bought a 380EZ. It also shoots left (and I'm left-handed), but I haven't even really looked at that yet because I have a very consistent problem with the last round stove-piping!

With both magazines, regardless of ammunition or how many rounds are in the magazine, both magazines stove-piped on the last round about 80% of the time (meaning the fired case of the second-to-last cartridge ejected and the last unfired round would stove-pipe). After a little over 250 rounds through the pistol, one magazine inexplicably became about 90% *reliable* while the other magazine remained about 80% unreliable.

I put a A-Zoom 380 ACP aluminum snap cap in both magazines between the spring and the floor plate. This reduced the magazine capacity to only 7 rounds of course, but the added spring tension seems to have done the trick (both magazine were 100% reliable over 50 rounds fired with only two rounds in each magazine).

It seems like the magazine springs need to be a smidge stronger, but I don't know if S&W has any springs to replace the original ones.

I eagerly await hearing if S&W was able to fix your pistol!

Last edited by familyman357oh; 10-09-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: clarifying terms
The Following User Likes This Post: