View Single Post

Old 10-10-2018, 11:23 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHands View Post
Damn those are beautiful Revo's Joe! Nice pic/gun, especially the first one on the left, combat magnums/fighting guns are certainly my favorite!

As to the non adjust able rear sight pistols... I get what you are saying. Of the (3) that I've got/shot quite a bit... they've all shot pretty much POA/POI, out to 20 yards with a Plethora of 158 grain ammo. Granted they are "J" frames, and 1 Colt, with 1 7/8" or 2" snub barrels, trench rear, ramp front sighted Revolvers in .38Special... That is about as far as I can expect to hit a man sized torso 8 out of 10 times/shots with a pocket revolver and my beefy mitts. With an "N" frame, proper grips (for my hands) I bet I could make 50 yard shots on my 12"x24" AR500 Steel Silhouette popper plate. So for an "N" frame, yeah, I'm probably right there with you as far as needing an adjustable rear sight on anything bigger than a J or D frame snub.
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS, HamHands.....

I WAS ABLE TO DEAL WITH POA TO POI ELEVATION ISSUES MUCH EASIER THAN WINDAGE CORRECTIONS WITH FIXED SIGHT GUNS.....

THE FINAL STRAW WAS A BRAND NEW WALTHER PPK/S IN .380, THAT I COULD NOT HIT AN NRA B-2 TARGET AT 50 FEET WITH......

Last edited by one eye joe; 10-10-2018 at 03:29 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: