View Single Post

Old 10-10-2018, 02:42 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_ster View Post
As far as photos, I have this one from BEFORE I sent it off. Not unfired. Signs of use (cyl ring) but not abuse. It has the chromed hammer.

This is showing the bitty minimalist grips along with a Tyler T-grip and a bit of skateboard tape along the back of the grip frame. The factory grips I found uncomfortable, while the skinny grips+T-grip were much easier on my hand. Still keep the factory grips in the wooden box along with the bore rod that came with it.

I have tried squishy grips like the Hogues, but they don't seem to help me. Getting the SHAPE of the grip right seems to work better for me than getting a squishy material for the grip.

When I get it back, probably will get some custom grips of the same overall configuration. Either the skinnies + a shiny chrome T-grip or a grip that fills in where the T-grip exists.

The Bianchi Speed Strip has 6 of my 240gr LSWC reloads. They were my plinking and carry load. Very accurate & consistent. Likely will seek out a better carry load or develop one after I get it back. I'd like a 240gr-ish hollow point moving out around 1000fps. Preferably lead, not jacketed. Sort of like the .38spl+P FBI load's big brother.
I can tell you shoot alot Roo-Ster... Nice looking Rig. Who knows when my (2) Tyler T's will ever get here for my N frames.

Getting the right profile, width, and length of the grip is Paramount to comfort and shoot-ability. I like 2 sorts/kinds of grips on my 3" snubs, .44Special/Mag "N" frames. Magna's coupled with Tyler-T's or Goncalo Alves "Combats"... Both are totally different profiles but they just work for my hands. The LHS I got to shoot with a pair of Magna's and Tyler-T's was just fantastic! The Magna's and Tyler-T is probably a hair, 1-2% more comfortable when shooting thumper loads but the GA's fill\ & fit like they were made specifically, for me.

Last edited by HamHands; 10-10-2018 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Pic...
The Following 2 Users Like Post: