View Single Post

Old 10-10-2018, 04:46 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,574 Times in 5,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdclinks View Post
Has anyone else noticed the resurgence of 10mm chambered firearms lately? Springfield just released the 10mm XDM today. Springfield, Glock, Sig Sauer, Ruger, Kimber, Tangfolio, Colt, Rock Island, etc. are all making 10mm pistols currently. I wonder how soon Smith & Wesson, H&K & FN will start producing 10mm firearms.

I am planning on taking a 6" Springfield TRP in 10mm out deer hunting this season. I'd really like to take a deer with it if I get the opportunity for a close shot.

Has the 10mm bug bit anyone else recently?
Where are your pics?

And what do you mean recently . . . the various 10MM cartridges and their firearms is among my favorite topics

I have been shooting the 10MM Auto cartridge since the 1990s and the 10MM Magnum cartridge for about 12+ years now.

I am a huge fan of this cartridge for auto loaders, revolvers, single shots and carbines.

My current project is converting an HK USP Elite over to 10MM Auto. It will be threaded for use with a suppressor.

Previous Smith and Wesson conversions include my CS10s, 1013 and 1014

My Smith and Wesson 310 and 610 revovlers have all be opened up for the 10MM Magnum cartridge.

The most recent one that was built from scratch is this long slide I worked on a few summers ago

There are more . . . lots more and I am still have conversion and building projects in mind.

Not to mention ammunition.

I love the look of the Barnes all copper hollow points

Unfortunatly, this is not a full power loading and did not function in all of the 10MM Autos at testing time.

SIGs 2015 10MM Auto ammunition release worked great in everything we tested it in

The 2015 release of Federal's 180 JSPs are also full power

Then thee is the Bad Boy of 10MM Auto

Capable of putting 30 rounds of full power ammunition on target in 2 seconds

Yes, I am talking about the HK MP5/10

While these came out 27 years ago, they are seldom talked about

Last edited by colt_saa; 10-10-2018 at 04:50 PM.
The Following 15 Users Like Post: