View Single Post

Old 10-10-2018, 07:31 PM
US Veteran

Liked 11,986 Times in 2,993 Posts
Default Pawn shop Model 19-2 rescue *Update post #19* New grips are on it.

I found this 19-2 on FGT advertised at a Fort Lauderdale area pawn shop and since I was working over there, I decided to swing by and check it out. I was hoping it was an early 19-2 like 1961 early(my birth year), but that wasn’t to be the case. It’s a K795xxx, so that puts it right at the end of 19-2 production, even overlapping some with the 19-3. He had it advertised for $699 on FGT and a $799 tag in the case. I offered $600 and he said he’d take $625, which was close enough. Unfortunately it didn’t come home with me, Florida’s NICS system in Tally was shut down due to the storm(thank God Josh is home safe with us now...his Mom sure called that one) I’ll have to wait until I’m working over there again, which has been pretty frequently lately. If I can’t wait, he said he’d ship it if I wanted. It was owned by a Miami detective who had it since new, which is pretty cool because Miami was my home town until I was almost 10. It came with the Herrett’s in the picture, which I think will go really nice on my recently acquired 66-4 4”. I’ll have to find a correct set of stocks for it, which shouldn’t be too hard. I’ve been looking for a 19 snub for quite awhile. My first revolver that I bought in 1986 was a brand new 19-5 and it was lost when it was stolen from a friends truck. I had sold it to him for a really good price, with the understanding that I could buy it back later. Anyway, I digress. Here are some pics of it, as that’s all I have to look at for the time being. Now I know how you guys in Cali and some other places feel when you say you’re waiting for your new toy to “get out of jail”

PS: Sorry about the lousy IPhone pics. The lighting makes it look nickel, but it is blued. Plus there was dust everywhere. More pics to follow.
SWCA#3597

Last edited by tlawler; 12-01-2018 at 04:05 AM.
The Following 21 Users Like Post: