View Single Post

Old 10-10-2018, 09:20 PM

Liked 307 Times in 100 Posts
Default 4513TSW and satellite tv

So last January my satellite tv provider informed me that my monthly bill was going to double in price. I called them up and said that's not going to happen if you want to retain my business. They insisted, so I cancelled my service and went to an online streaming service that had a deal where if you paid up front for 2 months you would get a Roku included.

Fast forward a few months and I got a letter in the mail from the old satellite tv provider saying cnette01 please sign back up and we'll throw in a prepaid debit card for $300, a 2 year price guarantee, and a reasonable monthly charge. A couple of months later they upped the prepaid debit card to $400, which over 2 years works out to be less than what I was originally paying.

So where does the 4513TSW come in? Well when I received that $400 prepaid debit card I figured there was no better place to spend that money than on another 3rd gen S&W, thanks to the posts of 18DAI, TTSH, and GaryS among others who kept extolling the virtues of the 457, 4516, and other 45xx models. I watched the great gun auction site for a few weeks and eventually ended up as the winning bidder on a 4513TSW. I mailed a money order to the seller yesterday evening and I am looking forward to receiving my new to me 4513TSW sometime in the next 2 weeks. The way I see it, this one is on the satellite tv provider who wasn't smart enough to keep me on at the regular rates I was already paying.

I'll post pics when I receive my new 4513TSW- can't wait for it! No box or owners manual and just 1 magazine, but I've been buying magazines for it over the last few weeks since I was planning to purchase one sometime this year.
The Following 25 Users Like Post: