View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 01:36 AM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet View Post
The .22 LR has a lot of energy and the bullet will ricochet around in the body of the victim causing maximum damage.
A CCI CPRN Mini mag from a 4" pistol will give 91.314 FPE, while a Speer Gold dot 38 spcl 135 non + p will give you 171.308 FPE. The 22 lr does not have a lot of energy, and will not Ricochet around the body. I have heard this quote many times, with nothing to back it up. Autopsy results? Testing? Anything other than a repeated quote. I have seen many Pt's with 22 lr wounds, chest, leg,arm, torso, head, and autopsies and have never seen a 22 lr ricochet around a body. I have spoke to a few ME's that have never seen this action, they were from Chicago, Philadelphia, New Orleans, and Hackensack NJ. So please if you have any articles/papers/studies I would love to read them.

But, I do agree 100% that a 22 lr in the hand is better than a Katana in the safe. Should she get more training, we all should if we have the time, money and physical capability. My Mother carried a DAO J frame till she was 82 and could shoot it well. Illness prevented her from carrying that and she went to a Beretta 25 tip up. Better than fingernails . Be Safe,