View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 10:57 PM

Liked 3,286 Times in 1,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonn View Post
The cost of any weapon considered will certainly be a factor in the selection process and may well be the deciding factor. Just quickly thinking about what would be my ideal rifle -it needs to be light with a reasonable basic load of ammunition(weight is a grunts worst enemy) ,it must be almost maintenance free in any enviroment,use a flat shooting cartridge and have a effective range of 600 yards with good battlefield accuracy. Semi and full automatic at a controllable rate of fire that can be maintained with out destroying itself. Having been a milsurp guy I think the present AR platform meets most of these needs but .224 Valkyrie ammo might be an improvement with very little changes required. Going to think on this some more.
My vote goes for whatever the latest and best version of the Ak-47 is.

Good caliber, superior penetration of obstacles and human tissue, accurate enough for the skill level of the average troop today under combat conditions, unlimited potential for using captured stocks of ammo, and last but not least- all the R & D work is already done.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: