View Single Post

Old 10-11-2018, 11:52 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

I see and mostly agree with what just about everyone has said here though I don't think he's stupid, maybe just using poor judgement.

Having said that, allow me to play the other side for a moment and let's look at this from a different perspective...

The way I see this story, he moved away from the general spectator area to a place where people weren't. He then unloaded his gun and was practicing with an unloaded gun. Remember, it was dry firing and trigger control practice. Do you read something else?

If that's the case, and the muzzle was kept in the safest direction, what's the issue? Have the antis numbed us so much that we're doing their work for them?

If he was doing this in the stands, I would have an issue.
If he was waving a loaded gun around, I would have an issue.
If he was pointing it in the direction of other people, I would have an issue.
If he was threatening other people, I would have an issue.

Unless there's something I'm missing, he wasn't doing any of those things.

I long for the days when the mere sight of a gun didn't throw people into a panic, when the police weren't called just because someone had a gun in the vicinity, when you could carry a rifle in a gun rack in the back window of your truck and no one thought twice about it.

Yeah, I get it, you guys are concerned that he's making the gun community look bad. But isn't it really the general atmosphere, that guns are bad, that's making something that's really nothing look bad?