View Single Post

Old 10-12-2018, 02:06 PM

Liked 340 Times in 181 Posts

Eject the mag before removing the weapon from the holster. Then rack the slide to unload. As soon as the slide moves back about 1mm, the striker block will prevent the gun from firing as it is out of battery.

So the thjmb safety only allows reduced chance of ND for the time period between removal from the holster and moving the slide 1mm!

My opinion is if you cannot focus on those couple of seconds to keep your finger out of the trigger guard, one probably not consider themself ready to conceal carry.

The potential to forget in the “heat of battle” to disengage the safety, could have fatal consequences.

I SD training class I have seen countless people forget, stumble, bumble or accidentally re-engage the safety during malfuntion and other drills. Pull trigger and get no bang, under stress because they forgot or did not realize the safety was still engaged. No way in hell I will EVER have a gun with a safety for a SD, life and death carry weapon. Just my choice. If I ever draw my weapon in SD situation, I want nothing but my trigger finger and brain in the way of the gun going bang! Any additional steps in those critical seconds is just lost time and increasing odds of failure. That could mean the loss of your life!

Last edited by Flyingfool; 10-12-2018 at 02:13 PM.