View Single Post

Old 10-13-2018, 12:22 AM

Liked 1,047 Times in 475 Posts

BB57 hit many excellent points in his treatise.

Many here denigrate the .22, BB57 actually makes some sense of many of the "urban legends" concerning the unreliability of the .22.

As BB57 says, you need to try various brands and loads to find what works reliably in your firearm. Bulk ammo might be OK for practice, but you shouldn't carry it. Junk ammo by the pail full is not what you should trust your life with. In the instance of using .22 ammo, a revolver would obviously be the right firearm for the shooter he is dealing with.

I shoot several thousand rounds of .22 each year in Bulls Eye competition, as I state in another post, due to the shortages in the market a few years back, I had to buy a foreign brand from a country south of the border, the stuff is fairly good, but I get a failure rate of about 2%. I only use that stuff for practice, and use a CCI product for matches (no failures).

That being said, my choice for carry is no less than 380 ACP. If all I had was a .22, I would carry that using proven, quality ammo.

Trying to get back on track, accolades to the OP for getting a non shooter into the ranks, even if she will only shoot a .22 right now.