View Single Post

Old 10-14-2018, 03:43 AM

Liked 7,733 Times in 2,126 Posts

Very nice muzzleblast. Refreshing to see a new approach or two, and yours are handsome :-). You've used the tried-and-true Nichols adage: "there's gotta be a harder way!". That's what innovation is (think iPhone vs Princess phone).

It was in the late '70s that Gordon Davis said 'there's nothing new in holsters'; yet since then hundreds of holster patents have been granted. 'Nothing new' is just a copyist's way of justifying his (or her) business model. And there are lots of these people populating the holster world. Why bother?

My notapancake is certainly not earth-shaking for automatics. It would be simply an avenger with a twin-slotted panel on the backside; and so an associated increase in thickness over the Baker.

What I think I added to the recipe was incorporating a cylinder recess into one, so that a revolver could lay flat as a pancake; yet the holster stays open like an avenger. I have my first dealer, and sincerely tried to improve on Beat the Devil with the learnings of Casablanca; and gave up, and left it alone :-).

Casablanca confirms the origin of the avenger itself: it was created to compete with the new pancake, which was patented, by removing the second slot that was part of the patent. Harder? Yup. Nobody copies my present, only my past, because they get ever-harder to build.