View Single Post

Old 10-15-2018, 11:51 AM

Liked 117 Times in 60 Posts

Rastoff,

You're desperation at defending urban legend, myth, and entertainment reveals a lack of practical knowledge.

My childhood friend (we're still friends) was heavyweight kick boxing champion of the world. He's been in movies & TV shows. He knew Chuck Norris when Chuck Norris was an unknown. He knocked out the former world champion in the 8th round with a straight right. He reverted to his boxing skills to win. He told me that when a fighter attempts a kick, he exposes himself to easy KO. You're strongest when standing on your feet at shoulder width apart.

My friend would've kicked Gracie's rear end back to Lisbon. Gracie was a Tysonesque chump. He was a huge self-promoter with very little skill.

Good street fighter will whip a martial artist every time. Street fighters don't use arts. They bring pain.

In the late 70's, when kung-fu was all the rage, a wold champ boxer, Mondo Ramos, I believe, fought the then reigning martial arts champion at Hawai'i. The first round was even. Ramos was measuring the artist. Ramos knocked him out in the 2nd.

Martial arts is an art. Boxing is brutal. Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Tommy Hearns, and the Golden Boy would've knocked Gracie into the cheap seats.

But you can retain your fantasy. I'm good.

Gracie had a plan until he was hit. Taking a straight right from a professional boxer will rock your world. Hopefully you won't fall off of it.

Gracie would drop deuces in his jock strap were an EME banger to get in his face. He'd faint were a Hell's Angel to be in the same city.

I don't care what you think you know. You're lack of exposure is going to get you hurt were you foolish enough to try your choreography on an authentic bad dude. And just about all martial artists love to start fights. But they won't start fights that they know they can't win.

It a street fight, you won't be able to turn to a ref for help.

Last edited by EMP3; 10-15-2018 at 11:57 AM.