Thread: Glock 48
View Single Post

Old 01-06-2019, 06:32 PM
Banned

Liked 9,332 Times in 2,759 Posts
Default Glock 48: My Thoughts

Guys as some of you may or may not know, Glock just announced the G48 9mm pistol and I just have a few thoughts about it I’d like to share.

You know it’s often been said the Glock 19 is the perfect size general purpose Glock for most people, but if I think if we’re being honest with ourselves, the 19 is just a little too thick and chunky for a lot of body types and situations. The Glock 48, to me, is a winner and is truly perhaps the best all around Glock for a wide range of folks out there.

You get a nice service size slide length and all the benefits of it and a comfortable grip, but in a much thinner and lighter package that is easier to conceal. Yes you give up some magazine capacity, but the truth is statistically speaking, the odds of 11 rounds of 9x19mm JHP loads not being enough to solve a personal defense situation is extremely low. It also just makes SO much sense in capacity restricted jurisdictions (as well as anywhere else too). Would make an ideal roadtrip gun where mag capacity laws can vary widely throughout the day’s travels, and would make a much better nightstand gun for hotel duty over the small micro 9s.

I really dig the NP3 slide, it looks great and that coating is a fantastic choice for corrosion resistance too and has natural lubrication properties. With this being a Glock, aftermarket support in terms of holsters and mag pouches will be massive. I haven’t been as excited about this gun as anything in a long time, never thought I’d buy another Glock but I believe they just made my new carry gun!

What do you guys think of this new pistol?

-Jay
The Following 3 Users Like Post: