Thread: Glock 48
View Single Post

Old 01-09-2019, 06:13 PM

Liked 431 Times in 149 Posts

I have competed with Glocks in I.D.P.A. & I.P.S.C. matches for years, as well as carried them exclusively on duty and off duty. They are ugly, and have no soul, but I can’t imagine a better duty gun. Dang near indestructible and they run. Our regional academy has 39 jurisdictions and last time I checked 32 agencies carried Glocks, most of the rest Sigs. The firing lines are a breeze now as handgun failures and stoppages are almost non existent. The ones that do occur are generally user error.

About five years ago I heard that a single stack 19 was on the drawing board at an armorers recert school, and have been waiting ever since as I feel that is about the perfect combination of size, caliber and capacity for an off duty carry gun. I think Glock made a big improvement with the Gen 5 guns by taking off the finger grooves. I have been pestering Glock for a couple of years to come out with front slide serrations. When I heard about the 48, I was pretty excited… no finger grooves, thinner profile, front slide serrations and the marksman barrel. . I do not care for the silver slide, but for the most part no one is going to ever see my slide unless they are looking at the muzzle end of it.

I checked with my dealer and they have them in stock, but can’t sell them until January 22nd. I put one on hold and will be picking it up shortly there- after.