View Single Post

Old 01-16-2019, 12:54 PM

Liked 2,329 Times in 1,100 Posts

I carried revolvers on and off duty for years. Now, I'm attracted to the Gen3 S&W pistols from yesteryear, but do carry a Walther PPS40 in the summer when North Carolina humidity and the need for concealment forces me to choose a smaller option. Most of the year, I opt for either my 3953 or 4053 for EDC.

I've never felt comfortable with pocket carry. I feel uncomfortable carrying a card wallet and money clip in one pocket and keys in the other. I empty my pockets as soon as I get in the house.

When considering the Bond connection to the PPK, we need to consider when the first movie came out and what was available. The PPK is a great Tux gun -- ask Bam-Bam. The PPK was "The Statement Gun" in the 1960s. Even in the mid-60s, many police officers in Europe were carrying the .380ACP or .380Auto (also known as the .380 Browning after its inventor) as their duty pistol. In reality, the .380ACP is a true 9mm measuring .355".

I like the old but appreciate the new. Ask my range pals if I've ever turned down an opportunity to fire their newest and greatest gun.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: