View Single Post

Old 01-20-2019, 09:42 AM

Liked 9,405 Times in 4,216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M29since14 View Post
Never knew there was such a thing! Thanks for showing us that. Better pictures would have been a plus punkt for you, but you get a gold star anyway. I’d like to see one of those in person. Well, maybe not. I’d probably end up wanting one, or maybe several.

I understand the fuzzies and the shakies! I see it that way too.
The fuzzy view comment was to cover for the fact that I was holding the gun with one hand and my iPad with the other... not a good combination for a sharp picture! When I got a couple of those sights out of Fred's estate sale in about 1985 or '86, IIRC, they were old then. I seriously doubt Austin was making them after about 1980 or so.

As for the customized High Power, that was another of the things Behlert was known for. I've never had one in my hands, but people who have them seem to value them quite highly, and justifiably so. Of course now everybody has a Wonder 9, so the novelty has worn off.

I'd still like to do a side-by-side comparison of the old Behlert and newer Weigand (conversion) sights. The former is a complete replacement while the latter just replaces the blade assembly. Can the Weigand be as good? It's still available and pretty reasonably priced. I know some of you may call this thread drift, but it's my thread, so I gave myself permission!

Froggie