View Single Post

Old 01-20-2019, 09:26 PM

Liked 3,300 Times in 1,525 Posts

I recently took the Texas LTC course (license to carry) . It involved shooting 50 rounds at a paper target at varying distances , from about 7yds to 25 yds . I moved here from AZ and have the AZ permit , "BUT " many states do not honor a " non-resident " permit . When I lived in Az , I was a resident so no problem but when I moved to TX , I had to change it . Yes, TX does honor my permit but when traveling from here it would of been a problem.
Anyway , I took my 686 no dash 4 " to class as we were going to be doing the shooting portion just across the hall in an indoor shooting range . I'm not a competitive shooter but it tore the bullseye up and only 2 shots in the 9 ring , shooting double action . The guy next to me was shooting his glock 9mm . On the last 5 shot round he had 3 " FTF / FTE issues . My revolver never missed a beat . I was the only guy out of 17 with a revolver . I'm not a semi auto guy but I hear Glocks are great . I can admire a colt python , but the price is beyond my reach . I'll stay with my 686 . Regards, Paul

Last edited by cowboy4evr; 01-20-2019 at 09:28 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: