View Single Post

Old 02-04-2019, 12:05 AM

Liked 340 Times in 181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
What is your background and expertise to make such an absolute claim (it is this, not that)?

I ask, because I contend, based on decades of experience in law enforcement, training from some of the top shooters and instructors in the industry (including members and former members of various special operations units) and personal observations training thousands of law enforcement officers who use the M&P and god-forbid the slide stop/lock/release/whatever... Oh yea... a bit of shooting through my own M&Ps and Shield... in the many 10s of thousands of rounds... oh and also overseeing the testing of the Shield for my department where one fired over 15,000 rounds and the other over 18,000 rounds...

That you are flat out wrong.

I have a Safariland Advanced Pistol rating, a FAST coin, and twice shot a 299/300 on the FBI instructor course, but hey...maybe I’m wrong.
That all may be... but you would have to be the Hulk or use two hands to get my shield to release. Even the range instructor who also shoots tens of thousands of rounds per year also could not work it.

So I suppose I can send this clearly malfunctioning gun back to S&W. I am sure they will modify the slide or the stop/release/lock so that it works properly.

Or will S&W send it back unchanged saying that my weapon operates exactly as designed/properly?