View Single Post

Old 03-28-2019, 10:39 AM

Liked 106 Times in 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterjohn View Post
Read thru many posts of guys collecting different 66's in regards to barrel lengths and dashes. Been thinking of trading/selling a 66-3 4"; Pachmeyer grips, no box or paperwork, but very clean, as I'd like to use it to finance another purchase. But after seeing these multiple 66 collections above I'm torn and would probably resent it after the new purchase. Around here, there sure haven't been many nice 66's for sale let alone any other than 4" or 6". Didn't have a 66-3, just a no-dash, that's why I picked it up. I've checked on GunBroker and comparable ones are ~$700 but to people ACTUALLY get that for them. At several gun shows here in IN, I've seen some 66, 19, 686 list for well over that! But wonder if they actually sell or just keep hoping they sell? Still on the fence whether or not to keep it in my collection or sell it if $ is right. Any thoughts wold be appreciated. Thanks.
I think the market for revolvers is "softening" lately. Another user commented that sales on the forum here are slow and usually sell for less than the asking price. I checked the broker recently and a common model 66 auction sold for $600 or so. You can find many listed at very high prices, they're hoping for a buyer looking for their specific gun. I think the Pachmeyer stocks might reduce the desirability somewhat to a collector, but would be good for a person looking for a shooter. If you can do a great job marketing it and put it up as a no reserve auction, you might get a good price. As far as keeping it, depends whether you would be happier with that other item you are trying to fund!