View Single Post

Old 04-01-2019, 09:57 AM

Liked 245 Times in 110 Posts

Nice shooting!

I have the 2.0 9mm Compact on my 'short list'.
Waiting on purchase permits.

My problem is that I prefer the 3.6", and here in NJ with our 10-round magazine limit, there are only 15-round models available from S&W.
S&W does NOT offer the 3.6" Compact with the 10-round magazines!
This means I would have to buy it with 15-round magazines that the FFL alters by drilling/pinning the magazines.
So the magazines could not be disassembled for cleaning. I would probably end up throwing them away after they got really dirty.
I would have to replace them with 10-rounders WHEN S&W finally starts selling them (they are not available yet unless you buy them with the 4" Compact model).
If NJ ever goes back to a 15-round limit (like California, we also have lawsuits pending in the system), I would have to buy new 15-rounders.

I called S&W last week and asked the customer service rep to 'pass along' my request for them to release a 10-round model of the 3.6".

I have 10-round full-size M&P mags for my Sub-2000, so I have a way to 'get around' this issue until the 10-round Compact magazines hit the market, but the whole thing stinks when I think about the extra cost for magazines because of S&W's wishy-washy arbitrary catalog choices.

Yes, I'm sure I would be happy with the 4" model, but I think I would PREFER the 3.6" model, and I'm only going to be buying one of these Compacts.
This will be one of the last pistols I buy this time around (1 per month to keep our Governor happy) to give S&W some time to add the 10-round option to their catalog - I hope!

Last edited by Not Getting Any Younger; 04-01-2019 at 09:59 AM.