View Single Post

Old 04-17-2019, 03:36 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,644 Times in 377 Posts

Back in 1961 I was in the U. S. Army in West Germany. I discovered a copy of "Chic Gaylord HANDGUNNER'S GUIDE" in the Base Library and read it and reread it and reread it. What a great book with a lot of knowledge. When I got home my first revolver was a S&W 3" model 36 which Chic recommended over the 2" snub. I searched and found a copy of the Handgunner's Guide and then wrote to Chic and asked for his recommendation for a concealment holster for my 3" model 36. He recommended a Super Sleuth holster with a matching belt only around $20. I was only making $1.25 an hour at the time so I put that on the back burner for a later order but sent him a $5 check for one of his IWB holsters. I waited and waited but at the time Chic was going out of business. I never got my IWB holster and felt lucky that I had not ordered the Super Sleuth. After I got over that I would look for a Chic Gaylord holster whenever I saw a box of holsters in a gunshop. I only ever found one. It was this Q-4 Dragoon cross draw holster for a 6" K Frame. It worked well but I had convinced myself that any holster carried openly needed to be on the strong side. I soon sold it to another holster fan. I am still looking for another Chic Gaylord Holster.

Last edited by jimgoldth; 04-17-2019 at 03:38 PM.
The Following 15 Users Like Post: