View Single Post

Old 04-18-2019, 11:07 AM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp220.45 View Post
Hmmmmm. I’ve never shot anyone, but I spent eight years arresting felons in New Orleans during those pre-Katrina glory years of 435 murders a year in a city of 400,000 people. (For scale, my last duty station in Denver had about 50 murders a year in a city of over 600,000 people). I went into murderer’s homes and pointed my gun at them and took them to jail. I didn’t bother to keep count, but it had to be at least 500 times. One day, I arrested three murderers before mid-afternoon (all separate murders).

Then I spent 17 years working violent crime on Indian reservations in the wild west. Usually it was me and a tribal investigator in the deep rez hours from help going into someone’s house and hauling them out to face the music.

But, I managed not to shoot anyone so it counts the same as writing tickets and handling domestics. Both of which, by the way, can be extraordinarily dangerous.

I do know if I had just been pointing my finger at them instead a Sig .45, I’d be dead.

I respect everyone’s experience. But if you get all butthurt when someone asks about yours, it tells me something.

Also, I like derringers.
OT and an “inside baseball” question.

Does the FBI response like you describe depend on the local field office? In my city there’s an interagency task force and a regional FBI office. The local LEO’s I’ve known here complain the FBI tends to show up after the fact in their logo’d gear to do press conferences. Their opinion is the guys doing the heavy lifting here are the local SWAT teams and the U.S. Marshals. Not trying to crack on the FBI, just curious if that’s a city by city thing or just grumbling.

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 04-18-2019 at 11:10 AM.