View Single Post

Old 06-15-2019, 05:53 PM

Liked 14,508 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHands View Post
Those "Morado's" on that M24 are simply beautiful! The pronounced variation of grain-ing and deep reddish hue really make those the nicest set of 90's Combat OEM "Morado's" I've ever seen. Are they Morado wood Vette or some other species cut in the same profile as the 90's Morado's are? I think they are Morado wood but either way, beautiful grips, beautiful guns!

ETA:
Also, it appears those grips have a chamfer or beveling at the heel/bottom area of the grips... Very, very cool; Especially for CCW and for even less printing than the flat Morado style offers.
Hammy the flatside grips on the 624 (not the 24-3) are, as far as I know, regular ol Morado wood. I just got lucky and got a pair with nice coloring. Those aren't original to that gun, the older Goncalo Alves like on my 24-3 would've been correct. As to the tapered base I don't quite know the whole story behind them but S&W made a handful to go on a few choice guns. Farely rare. I saw the first pair other than mine the other day on a 1 of 500 629 Mountain Lion on GB.