View Single Post

Old 07-07-2019, 02:24 AM

Liked 201 Times in 61 Posts

I've always had a weakness for quality tools that feel good in the hand....a Randall knife qualifies well on both those accounts. I've managed to acquire a few of them over the years. Like a classic Smith & Wesson revolver, an old Colt single action, or a vintage Winchester rifle.....Owning a Randall is owning a piece of history.

Thankfully, I have no direct need for a "fighting knife", but I have been known to toss my Model 1-7 on my side when the road travels to unfavorable places. The light weight, balance, fast handling of that blade is amazing.

Anyone actually use a Randall Knife-randall-1-7-stag-2-jpg

The "Combat Companion" has become my general utility / camp knife these days. It's an easy size and weight to have on the belt, and it's quite a handy "one size fits all" kind of blade.

Anyone actually use a Randall Knife-randall-combat-companion-file-jpg

I picked up a Model 15 for heavier tasks that would be better served by a thicker, more robust blade profile. It's a bigger blade that I notice more on my belt, but it's tough as nails.

Anyone actually use a Randall Knife-randall-15-jpg

Last, but certainly not the least is the super sharp, ultra lightweight TriAthlete that lives in my boot. It's my "everywhere" knife.

Anyone actually use a Randall Knife-randall-triathlete-b-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Randall TriAthlete b.jpg (99.7 KB, 355 views)
File Type: jpg Randall 1-7 stag 2 a.JPG (46.8 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg Randall Combat Companion file a.jpg (158.4 KB, 361 views)
File Type: jpg Randall 15 a.jpg (23.4 KB, 359 views)

Last edited by Hank Dodge; 07-07-2019 at 02:26 AM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: