View Single Post

Old 07-13-2019, 09:15 PM

Liked 310 Times in 190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipermd View Post
I must be living under a rock, when did the 4" Shield come out? Better Question, Why? My 2.5 " 500 sw is equal to the 4, 6,8" @ 21 feet. So is my 3" 629, 3" m65, 3" Speed Six, and a few other 3" handguns that feel better in the hand, point better than 4" models. Be Safe,
- April-ish this year, IIRC.
- Because people will buy them.
- I still haven't deciphered this statement.
- Do any of those CCW better than a 4" Shield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
A 23% longer sight radius in a 4” vs. a 3.1” Shield is usually considered an advantage.
You made me curious so I measured my pistols. I got 150mm for the FO sights on the 4" PC vs. 132mm on an M2.0 Shield for a ~13% increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug M. View Post
Ports? PORTS? I had never heard or seen any sign that the Optics ready model had ports. Are there two versions, one with and one without?
The 4" PC Shield comes in 3 configurations (times 3 calibers.) (Links go to the 9mm versions.)
- No RDS, No Ports
- RDS, No Ports
- RDS & Ports

Quote:
I am planning to look at one; the optic may not be the absolute best, but I suspect that for most of us and looking to a price point, it is a better deal in most ways than a more expensive optic. I am, frankly, much more other by the fiber optic sights; I dislike those intensely in general and will have to replace them quickly with a more conventional set. I am planning at this time to use an XS standard size tritium front with a wide notch rear (roughly .160") of some type; maybe the rear of a set of Ameriglo sights.
I'm slightly confused. Are you considering the optic or non-optic version?

Since I have the RDS version someday I will replace the FO sights with plain black irons

Last edited by V0OBWxZS16; 07-13-2019 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Added links
The Following User Likes This Post: