Thread: The Commander!
View Single Post

Old 08-04-2019, 12:26 AM

Liked 827 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContinentalOp View Post
Regarding CCOs, there was one I would've seriously considered as a carry gun if I were to switch to 1911s, the Sig Traditional Compact. It had the standard Commander slide shape as opposed to Sig's proprietary slide shape on their other models (similar to their P-series pistols). It was a true 4.25" barrel length with bushing and the standard recoil spring guide (I'm not a fan of the full-length guide rods), it had an external extractor, Series 80-style firing pin safety, and stainless steel construction. IIRC, the street price was around $1000. It was nearly everything I could want in a carry 1911. Unfortunately, I believe it's been discontinued.

I'll also admit I've fantasized about having one built from scratch using Caspian Arms components.
The Sig line of 1911s is one of the weird ones to me. I too like the Sig line of 1911s and I do like the external extractor on a 1911 like the Sigs and S&Ws. However I have yet to get a Sig 1911 mainly because of one reason that Ive visually seen with some of the model Sig pistols especially in there smaller carry size 1911s . The Sigs seem to be the one of the most unique compared to the other traditional 1911 models out there. A lot of the Sig 1911s look to have wider slides and weird widths in the frame that cause them to not take as many traditional 1911 accessories and parts. They seem to be well designed and functional but they also seem to be more unique to just Sig only.
The Following User Likes This Post: