View Single Post

Old 11-12-2019, 11:42 PM

Liked 2,082 Times in 606 Posts

Canada right now has some pretty rotten restrictions on guns -- like you say, any handgun barrel under 4.2 inches is prohibited and you can't buy one or get a permit to take one shooting. And now, the Liberal lefty Government wants to ban handguns and semi-auto rifles altogether. Sad.

If you were to be caught illegally carrying a restricted handgun in Canada -- even if it was registered to you -- you'd probably end up with a criminal record and maybe jailtime. In Mexico, if you get caught illegally carrying a registered restricted weapon (and it is registered to you) you will have a bit of trouble but unless you threatened somebody you'll probably squeak out of it charged with a misdomeaner if not just a stern warning. You may or may not have to "pay a fine" to get the firearm back. Seriously.

In the State of Guanajuato right now, if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, you "cannot be charged" under the law. (And that is how the Law words it.) I have a friend who fired at -- and missed -- a bad guy who broke into his house and who fled when fired upon. The Police came, took a report and asked my friend if his revolver was registered. When he told them that it was and showed them the registration, they went on their way and that was it.

You just try that in Canada. They'll hang you out to dry and then go see if they can search up the robber who was fired on so the Government can apologize to him and cry some crocodile tears for the News cameras.

Mexico may be a mess right now but I am counting the days until I can get back there. Canada -- like so many countries around the World right now -- seems determined to once again relearn lessons the hard way that were learned the first time the hard way, all the time virtue signalling to each other about how noble they are as they do it.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: