View Single Post

Old 11-15-2019, 12:52 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 45,744 Times in 4,818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiranch View Post
I've never even shot one.
Kenny,

You need to change that. The long ones really are a delight to shoot. These are my two shooter grade long ones:

REG 3261, an 8-3/4" barreled pre-war Registered Magnum that was my first long-tube revolver ever purchased ($975 delivered). I believe it was factory refinished somewhere in it's life (star on the butt) and the trigger guard was drilled for a trigger stop. Other items of note - it shipped from the factory to King Gun Sight Company, where it received a cock-eyed hammer. I added the Keith Brown Kearsarge Stocks and a gunsmith friend of mine switched out the front sight for a "gold" one. It does not get shot very often, but it is a blast when I shoot it. The action is like butter and it has a beautiful sight picture.

You can see the trigger stop screwed in the trigger guard in this closer up photo:

This next one is my very favorite revolver to shoot. It is a well-used 8-3/8" barreled, late 1950's pre-27, that has had a Nelson Ford trigger job, a radiused wide trigger with a screw-in stop, an added "McGivern" brass bead front sight, and a set of 1960's smooth presentation stocks. It seems to magically hit whatever I am aiming at and I love shooting it.

With the tapered barrel, these long .357 Magnums really do point well, and with target stocks, they are surprisingly well balanced to shoot.

Last edited by RKmesa; 11-15-2019 at 12:54 PM.
The Following 35 Users Like Post: