Thread: HI_Power
View Single Post

Old 11-25-2019, 11:16 AM

Liked 12,654 Times in 3,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockmurgw View Post
Here's my contribution to the thread, a T Series. I also have a FEG clone, and a "Hi Powerish" FEG GKK45. The FEG clone is a Luger M80, and from what I have been able to learn, this particular version was made for export to South Africa, and can be identified by the large "Luger" in script, but I am having a hard time finding finding examples online that look the same as mine. RE: the GKK45, I guess I'm not man enough for it. My son can shoot it all day long, he hands it me and it jams on the second shot.
The GKK-45 isn't Hi Powerish at all. It is however very "S&W Model 59ish"

The FEG P9R was not a derivative of the Hi Power, FEG P9, or first or second generation FEG P9M, but was very similar to the S&W Model 59 using the S&W locking system and the S&W DA trigger system.

The FEG P9R was followed by a shorter barrel FEG P9RK and the aluminum framed FEG P9RA.

The FEG P9RK spawned the single stack .45 ACP FEG ACK, which KBI imported as the GKK-45.

As an aside, the "GKK" came from the initials of Michael Kassanar's (owner of KBI) daughter.

The PJK-9HP was named for his wife, Pamela Jane Kassanar.
The MBK-9HP and MBK-9HPC for himself.
The PMK-380 was named for his father, Paul Martin Kassanar.
The GKK-45, GKK-92 and GKK-92C were all named for his daughter.
The SMC-380, SMC-918 and SMC-22 were named for his sales manager.

----

The M80 was the FEG P9 imported by Mauser, who also imported the FEG P9R as the M90.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: