View Single Post

Old 12-12-2019, 01:11 PM

Liked 8,911 Times in 2,574 Posts

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a single-action, concealed HAMMER-fired pistol in 9mm with an easy-operating/working grip safety and a positive ambi safety. It's a good size and a good weight. The Shield 9 EZ's capacity is right there with the 3900 series (but lighter, longer barrel and SINGLE ACTION only trigger).

I'm not even looking at the easy-use features for feeble people: this just strikes me as a smart design. I'll be real curious to see the reviews ... I notice the factory video shows the gun appear to recoil rather a lot and that's with Julie Golob (an expert shooter, for sure) at the controls ... I halfway wonder if it's grievously undersprung or something and would like to see more on that.

Think about it: It's essentially the same footprint as a Glock 19 (shorter barrel than the G19, tho - slightly shorter overall, too), which we all know is just dandy for most folks to carry.

Glock 19
7.36" L
1.18" W
4.99" H
4.01" BBl
6.02" Sight radius

Shield 9 EZ
6.85" L
1.04" W
5.05" H
3.675" BBl
5.875" Sight radius

And, just for kicks, because I'm wearing one right now . . .

Beretta PX4 Compact
6.8" L
1.42" W
5" H
3.27" BBL
5.2" Sight radius

Anyhow, I seriously think this gun with the external safeties might be one of the best guns out there for non-gun people right now. If it works and doesn't recoil too badly (due to my aforementioned underspringing concerns).