View Single Post

Old 12-16-2019, 04:33 PM

Liked 14,859 Times in 5,051 Posts

I’ll try to respond to these...

I paid more than it cost when new, I probably paid a little less than you might find one for if you could these days.

Haha, I got it closer to Thanksgiving than Christmas, but I needed to snap some pics and host them before “announcing it” to my friends here. Folks get mad if they don’t see pictures!

Re: “long slide”, just to be clear, this is a 5-inch “Limited” series pistol. Certainly long compared to the PC Shorty guns, but the crazy expensive 6-inch PPC-9 and 952-2 6-inch Long Slide guns are the real long slides in this arena. As far as I know, only ONE 4006 Limited with a 6-inch long slide exists, and even that amazing gun wasn’t shipped that way. It’s a fantastic story but that story is not my story to tell. Maybe I’ll ask him if I can tell that story and share it.

4006 Limited DAO? I haven’t seen or heard of one but we do or did have a forum guy here that sent guns back to the PC to have them changed up this way. I think that’s sacrilege and nutty, but I’ll always be in favor of folks doing as they please with their own guns. Mine is single action and I wouldn’t want it any other way. If it were offered DAO, I wouldn’t have bought it.

And Jim, yes, I did bid on that one and I had thought or hoped it would go low, that particular pistol had some sketchy things done to it that I did NOT like, but would have lived with for a good price. I had actually planned to bid higher than I did — however the recent 945-1 that I was in love with was also ending that night, so I opted out of the 4006 Limited and focused on that 945-1 and fate took over. It is also relevant to mention that Sarah15/Jim Brewster offered a 4006 Limited a week or two after mine — and that one is higher grade for sure, but that didn’t drop my enthusiasm even a bit. I did find it completely nuts that in 2.5 weeks time, three were offered for sale. I have gone YEARS between seeing them offered.

Suffice to say that I feel quite fortunate to have this one and that 945-1 also.
The Following 15 Users Like Post: