View Single Post

Old 12-23-2019, 02:01 PM
US Veteran

Liked 7,208 Times in 1,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post
They're testing the market. They know diehards will snub the gun since it won't ever pass a purist's test. They already experienced that with the current production Cobras. But they're pricing them just enough to see if the name will sell them at the higher price. And honestly, $2.5k is cheaper tha a used similar condition original Python.

If the guns don't move, they'll either lower the price, or drop them altogether. If every one of them is snatched up by a collector. They don't give a damn. They sold them and made their return on initial investment.

S&W does the same with their Classic Line. A bunch of knock off fraud clones of legit guns. They sell very well and people pay the prices they ask.
You're giving Colt a lot of business acumen credit that they haven't earned. Sure, they're not going to do a Ruger and pack every gun store with their product from Day 1. The age of the big revolver as every man's go-to handgun is long gone. They already have established their playbook with the SAAs. Just enough to satisfy demand. It wouldn't do to have bunches of Pythons in the CDNN catalog for $999 because they made too many.

I guess it's another matter of opinion, but to me the Classics are sort of like the new Dodge Challenger. All the look of an old one but with a warranty and you can buy new. Doesn't make them desirable to me...for many of the same reasons I don't want a new Challenger.