View Single Post

Old 12-25-2019, 04:36 PM

Liked 135 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22hipower View Post
Hang on to that case and hopefully the tools are in it too; you paid less for the gun than the case/tools are worth. The insides usually look a little ratty if the gun was stored in it, that blue material inside can be replaced. You won the lottery on that one.

Jeff
SWCA #1457
Thanks Jeff.

The case does have an original blue lining, which is in fair, but far from perfect condition. Definitely some wear from the gun being stored in the case. There are no tools that I have found yet. The gun did come as a part of a complete collection, including many boxes of random firearm related things. I appreciate the photo of what the box should contain so I can go sift through things and see if the tools are tossed in one of the other boxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
OK, now you're just piling on...

With that box, if the tools are in it, the package is easily worth 4 times what you stole it for. SCORE!
Honestly, it really does feel a bit embarrassing to come here as a non-S&W collector without a clue and to find out I stumbled by accident into something so desirable. It really should have been one of you... except you all would have felt guilty buying it so cheap!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22hipower View Post
Any other S&Ws in that collection?
There were two other S&Ws in the lot. Both were modern semi-auto pistols. A 915 in 9mm and a 22A in 22LR. Nice pistols, but not nearly as interesting as the .44 Mag.

Thanks guys, you really have provided a bonus gift to me this Christmas!

Justin
The Following 4 Users Like Post: