View Single Post

Old 12-25-2019, 10:11 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,095 Times in 1,249 Posts

I keep a Python on hand, a 1978 blue 6-inch. Have had it for years now. I've long thought Pythons were over-styled, overrated, and hugely over-priced. There are other vintage Colt double-action revolvers that are just as amazing.

I'm grateful though that Colt is seen to be making an attempt and look forward to seeing the results. Who knows? Perhaps it'll be good 'nuff after all.

I like ol' Colt and am pulling for them. Like ol' Smith & Wesson too.

Is it really so gratifying to all of y'all who feel obliged to lecture us old forum fogies, attempting to compel us to swallow all this "new and better" bunk down our geezerly throats? We're not required to accept it you know. We can wallow in our good ol' stuff, disdaining and ignoring the "wonders" of modern gun manufacturers' catalogs to any extent we wish. Your attempts to tell us "how it is" fails to convince.

Couple more decades of shooting fun, give or take and I'll be at the point of shuffling off this mortal coil. With the guns I have, along with other vintage guns I admire, I can get through to that point without being required to sample any of the firearms manufacturers' current products.

If the new products keep shooters in the game then gun ownership in this nation benefits, but I'm not required to buy it.

The "new crop" of firearms are fine ... for somebody else.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: