View Single Post

Old 12-29-2019, 05:43 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,781 Times in 1,815 Posts

1911 Grip Panels are great because there are so many options.

This first one is a favorite of mine, the things this 1911 must have seen...

The frame is a 1918 Remington, slide is of course Ithaca, High standard barrel. The grips were made in the Philippines and nicely date themselves. My understanding is that they were sold to GIs on their way to/from Korea.

Considering the gun is over 100 years old, and probably served in at least 3 of our major wars...and looks like it. I don't know about anyone else, but to me I would rather have a gun that just screams it's character at me, then a new and unused gun.

My favorite set of 1911 grips would have to be the pair of Ropers that I lucked into. The ebay auction indicated that they were plastic. They are in fact walnut. I ended up buying the pile of plastic grips on the auction, and selling the rest of them off for $20 more then I paid for the whole pile. So I got this set for negative 20 bucks.

The outrageous thing about them is that they are almost perfect to my hands, which is a miracle considering they were all made custom, to order, based on the tracing of someone's hand.

I made a video a while back to try to show what these are, also to try to explain Ropers to people.

The Following 23 Users Like Post: