View Single Post

Old 01-01-2020, 03:34 AM

Liked 589 Times in 253 Posts

I'm a fairly new shooter of pistols, primarily for self-defense, my first purchase was a Springfield XD mod 2 SC.
Several months later I discovered a hammer fired pistol from CZ, a P-07, it was love at first sight. Through some videos I was able to turn a pretty good pistol into an excellent trigger SD gun. shortly thereafter became intrigued with the CZ P-09, and had to have one. I Transformed that particular trigger into something incredibly smooth and light , (so I thought ) Until ... this past year , and I don't even know how I came across S&W 3rd gen. ( which now has changed my thoughts as far as what a real pistol in your hand feels like.
I purchased an S&W 4006 TSW CHP..The trigger OMG.
The previous pistols I mentioned, so I thought had very smooth triggers & very low
Lbs pull. CZ P-09 (6.5DA 2.8 SA ) and I was proud of the work I was able to do to transform those pistols,( only by the abilities that God gave me ).
When I first pulled the trigger on that 4006 ( even though it was a much heavier pound pull ) I was amazed as to how smooth the trigger was.
After disassembling that pistol I was able to reduce the trigger pull even further through polishing is now amazing.
My recent purchase was a
4516 - 1 which is no different of a trigger pull then the first, omg. I now carry the 4516 - 1 in a Don Hume holster and will probably never go back to Plastic Fantastic.
for me , these heavier stainless steel pistols just give me so much more of a comforting feeling in the hand and way more confidence for self-defense.
I look forward to the next 3rd gen, and my thoughts now as many on the Forum probably think everyday, why in the hell did they ever discontinue this line of pistols.
P.S. I thank all of you on this form with your vast knowledge that have helped me I really appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191103_104119.jpg (69.7 KB, 61 views)
2 Cor 5:17
John3:16

Last edited by Doc1500; 01-01-2020 at 03:42 AM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: