View Single Post

Old 01-03-2020, 12:16 PM

Liked 18,134 Times in 2,529 Posts

There are different perspectives represented here- Red is a designer and maker as well as a historical researcher. I’m a collector of holsters, catalogs, ephemera and related items. I might characterize Phil as a collector/user, other posters offer their own perspectives.
Here are some catalog cuts depicting Threepersons holsters.
Myres 1931 catalog.

Myres mid 1950’s.

1931 catalog showing a Threeepersons shoulder holster.

1940 catalog showing a different Threepersons shoulder holster. By the 1960’s holsters that were cataloged as Tom Threepersons styles were referred to as Quick Draw holsters, reference to Threepersons was largely discontinued.

A cut from a 1949 Lawrence catalog showing “ entirely new postwar designs “, the model 34 holster is their version of a Threepersons style. The Keith model 120 holster is also a Threepersons style, originally described as being primarily for single action revolvers.

A cut from a 1950’s Heiser catalog showing their FBI style holster, their version of a Threepersons.

S.D. Myres and the actual Tom Threepersons who wasn’t really Tom Threepersons had an agreement to use the name in promoting Myres’ holsters, other manufacturers didn’t use the name in describing their offerings.
Confusing ? Yes, but to me at least entertaining.
Regards,
turnerriver

Last edited by turnerriver; 01-03-2020 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Additional information
The Following 10 Users Like Post: